“Healthcare is the corner stone of the socialist state. It is crown jewel of the welfare state”
– Monica Crowley
The healthcare sector is the lifeline of any society. India, with its oversized population, lower income and inadequate literacy is still far behind when it comes to world standards of healthcare spending. Healthcare is vital for human well being and in turn is directly proportional to societal progress and enhanced productivity. Health must be improved to generate a qualitative shift in standards of living. IDCA facilitates the services that are provided by its partners so that they are more efficient and modern.
IDCA and its partner NGOs/social entrepreneur’s role in healthcare improvement
- IDCA mentors and trains the volunteers and workers of partners who serve the deprived sections and provide them with modern healthcare services. We provide trainings, seminars, webinars, equipments, hi tech ambulances, consultations and much more to our partner social entrepreneurs.
- IDCA and its partners have devised special knowledge and service programs for critical and serious illnesses like tuberculosis, AIDS, cancer and leprosy.
- IDCA and partners have undertaken healthcare programs for improvement in child healthcare. The team identifies malnourished areas and those children who suffer with congenital and genetic disorders. IDCA channels funds to provide consultation and medications to these children. We also gather healthcare data in deprived areas and provide them to other healthcare cooperative, public agencies, social entrepreneurs.
- Special eye care drives have been initiated by IDCA and its partners. We provide free consultation, optic surgeries and other resources to poor and rural section of India. Health and education are the primary aspects of improvement in the deprived sections of society, in slums and rural areas.
- IDCA and its partners have created and performed special healthcare drives by engaging health professionals like Doctors, Nurses and Pharmacists. These mobile drives provide healthcare services at the door steps of the underprivileged, slum and most backward and rural areas of the societies. Many of these areas are not accessible by good infrastructure and lack adequate transportation facilities. Such drives have been immensely beneficial in providing basic healthcare education, ops, treatments and medications to the deprived and lesser accessible areas of the country.
- IDCA and its partners aim to set up several health care centers in rural, tribal, slum, poor and deprived areas of the country. For accomplishing the goal we have initiated special localized volunteers recruitment drives for enrolling health care educated professionals including physicians and paramedics.
- IDCA and partners work closely with the parents/guardians of mentally challenged and cerebral palsy affected individuals. We provide education and consultation to the parents so that these individuals can be brought in the social mainstream. We help the parents to select school, modify and manage homes and educate them so that these differently abled individuals can lead a normal life
- IDCA and partners aim to participate in the AIDS awareness and relief programs initiated by NACO or national aids control organization.
- IDCA and partner engage donor agencies like WHO or World Health Organization, World Bank, Government of India.
“Let new India arise-let her arise out of the peasants’ cottage, grasping the plough; out of the huts of fisherman,the cobbler, and the sweeper. Let her spring from the grocer’s shop,from the oven of the fritter-seller.” – Swami Vivekananda